load equals a 100% meter reading for maximum rated
load. A 1.0 power factor load equals a 80%. meter
reading for maximum rated load.
i. During operating of the Generator Set observe
(1) Check 9. rated current meter.
(2) Check fuel level gage periodically.
(3) Oil pressure gage located on engine should in-
dicate 20 psi minimum.
(5) Battery indicator should indicate yellow
while battery is charging, green when battery is fully
(6) AC voltmeter should indicate 120V., 208V. or
240V. depending on load connection.
( 7 ) F r e q u e n c y m e t e r s h o u l d i n d i c a t e 6 0 Hz
(MEP-003A) or 400 Hz (MEP-112A) at rated load.
j. During operation, inspect for leaks, paying par-
ticular attention to engine fuel and oil lines and
(4) Check running time meter periodically in
order to perform preventive maintenance check-and
services at proper intervals.
Figure 2-4. Load Terminal and Reconnection Configuration
2 - 5
C h a n g e 2