Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORKSITE
4.3 DISMANTLING GENERATOR SET FOR MOVE-
a. Preparation for Movement.
(1) Disconnect the load cables.
(2) Remove exhaust pipe extension if used.
(3) Make certain vent on underside of fuel filler cap
(4) Refer to the Items Troop Installed or Authorized
List (Appendix B and make sure all items are on the
(6) On ASK equipped generators, remove batteries
access door. Disconnect negative battery cable from
(7) Disconnect any other hoses, lines or cables, if
(8) Close and secure all doors and panels.
b. Movement. Preferred means of movement is to
transport. Towing for short distance is permissible if terrain
4-4. REINSTALLING GENERATOR SET AFTER MOVE-
(5)Disconnect the ground lead from the ground stud.
Refer to paragraph 4-2 for reinstallation after movement
to a new worksite.
Section III. REPAIR PARTS; SPECIAL TOOLS; SPECIAL TEST, MEASUREMENT
AND DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT AND SPECIAL SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
4-5. SPECIAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT.
4-6. MAINTENANCE REPAIR PARTS.
Special tools are listed in Appendix D, Section Ill.
Repair parts and equipment are listed and illustrated
in the repair parts and special tools list manual
covering organizational maintainenace for this Gener-
Section IV. LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS
a. Lubrication Order. Lubrication instructions for the Generator
Set are contained in L05-6115-564-12.
(F) Air Force lubrication instructions appear in the
applicable work card set in the TO 35C2-3-1-428 series.
Insure that crankcase is hot before draining
(b) Oil Change (see figure 3-20). On ASK equipped
generators, remove oil access door.
(5) Open drain plug (1, figure 4-30) and drain
oil filter oil into a container having at least a 1
(6) Remove through bolt (2) and Pull oil filter
body (3) loose from oil filter adapter (5).
(7) Discard gasket (4) and oil filter element
(8) Wipe inside of oil filter body (3) clean with a
(1) With drain valve closed, disconnect oil drain
hose from the plug on the skid-base.
(2) Open drain valve and drain oil into a con-
tainer having at least a 7 quart capacity.
(3) Close drain vaive.
(4) Connect oil drain hose to plug on skid-base.
(9) Wipe inside of adapter (6) clean with a
rag. Insure the gasket groove is free of foreign
material. Inspect gaskets (7) and (10) tO b e s u re
they are not torn or frayed. Check that retainer (8),
and spring (9) are not deformed. Replace damaged