TO 35 C2-3-446-2
Generator Assembly, Exploded View (Sheet 2 of 2)
(9) Thread five turns of screw (18) into rotor
shaft and, using a suitable puller, remove bearing
Use extreme care when lifting rotor and
balance assembly from the stator assem-
(10) Support bearing on the head of a suitable
press and press out adapter (24).
(22) Using a suitable lifting device, remove
(11) Remove the lifting eye bolt from the gen-
stator assembly (26) and position on a support.
(12) Cut a sufficient length of 1/2 inch bar
(23) Remove lifting eye bolt and steel bar.
stock steel to fit across the diameter of the coupling
disc end of the generator assembly.
(13) Center punch and drill a l-inch hole
through the center of the bar stock.
higher level, the rotor assembly must be
secured in the stator assembly to prevent
(14) Secure the bar stock to the rotor assem-
damage while in transit. The bar stock
(15) Locate and center punch a hole at each
for this purpose.
end of the bar stock in line with the generator housing
(16) Remove the generator lifting eye and the
If a steel bar is not available, carefully
stand generator on end and remove rotor.
(17) Drill a 5/8 inch hole at each center
(24) Remove screw (27) to remove plate (28),
(18) Secure the steel bar to the stator (gen-
pressure plate (29), coupling disc (30), blower wheel
erator housing) with two of the screws used to secure
(31) from rotor and balance assembly (25).
the generator to the engine flywheel housing.
(19) Install the generator lifting eye bolt.
(20) Using a suitable lifting device, lift the
to remove end bell assembly (34) from stat or (26).
generator by the eye bolt and stand it on its end bell
Feed leads to stator through end be 11 as it
Use block as necessary to hold the genera-
tor in the upright position.
(21) Remove the two screws securing the steel
bar to the stator.