Lead Block Assembly, Exploded View
for evidence of shorting and overheating. Check wind-
(6) Inspect blower and coupling disc for wear,
ings for physical damage.
cracks, breaks, or other damage.
(14) Inspect lead block assembly for cracks,
(7) Inspect bearing kit far cracked or damaged
corrosion, and other damage.
housing. Check bearing for wear, pitting, and corro-
sion. Check bearing adapter for wear and corrosion.
(15) Inspect stator assembly for cracks,
corrosion, and other damage. Check windings for
(8) Measure inside diameter of bearing
evidence of shorting or other physical damage.
housing. Diameter shall be 3.19492 to 3.19502 inches.
(9) Measure outer diameter of bearing adapter.
Diameter shall be 1.3780 to 1.3784 inches.
When making electrical checks, take pre-
(10) Inspect rotor shaft for discoloration or
cautions to avoid accidental contact with
other evidence of overheating. If it is suspected that
conductors carrying high voltage. Make
rotor shaft is weakened, disassemble rotor assem-
certain that test leads are properly con-
bly (paragraph b. (19) above) and perform magnetic
particle inspection in accordance with Military Speci-
(11) Inspect rotor and exalter cores for evi-
dence of shorting and overheating. Check windings
Make sure that component being tested is
for physical damage.
electrically isolated from all other com-
(12) Inspect rectifiers for evidence of short-
ing and overheating.
(16) Using tester, ground check rotor core by
applying 300 Vac at 60 Hz RMS for 1 second between
(13) Inspect end bell assembly for cracks,
heat sink and rotor shaft. There shall be no evidence
corrosion, and other damage. Inspect exalter stator
of dielectric breakdown.