CONVENIENCE RECEPTACLE AND
(b) Depress circuit breaker button and
a . Removal.
(6) Check all threads for crossing, stripping
and other damage
fully pull convenience receptacle box out from
(7) Replace any defective parts.
(2) Remove screws (2) and carefully pull
c. Installation. Install convenience receptacle
convenience receptacle and circuit breaker away
and circuit breaker in reverse order of removal
from box (17).
(3) Tag and disconnect electrical leads from
convenience receptacle and circuit breaker.
a . Removal.
(4) Remove nuts (3) and screws (4 and 5) to
remove cover (6) and gasket (7).
(1) Remove screws and lockwashers (figure
(5) Remove nuts (8) and screws (9) to re-
move receptacle (10).
(2) Unscrew protective caps and shorting
plug from paralleling receptacles.
(6) Remove nut (11) and tooth lockwasher
(3) Remove screws and pull paralleling re-
(12) to remove circuit breaker (13) from bracket
(4) Tag and unsolder electrical leads to
(7) Remove screw (16) to disconnect wire
(15) from circuit breaker (13).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
b. Cleaning and inspection.
compressed air and an electrician's brush or wipe
(1) Clean convenience receptacle with fil-
with a clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened with
tered compressed air and a soft bristle brush or
an approved solvent.
wipe with a clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened
with an approved solvent.
for cracks, corrosion, stripped or otherwise dam-
(2) Visually inspect convenience receptacle
aged threads and evidence of shorting or other
for cracks, breaks, corrosion, bent terminals, burns
or other indications of damage.
(3) Visually inspect covers and shorting plug
for cracks, corrosion, broken chains, stripped or
(3) Inspect cover for cracks, corrosion, dam-
otherwise damaged threads, and damaged or de-
aged spring, and damaged or deteriorated gasket.
(4) Inspect circuit breaker for cracks, corro-
sion, and other damage.
Do not use acid core solder on electrical
(5) Using an ohmmeter or similar device,
test circuit breaker as follows:
c. Installation. Install ptialleling receptacles in
reverse order of removal procedures, soldering elec-
(a) Pull out circuit breaker button and
trical connections. Use figures FO-1 and FO-2 as a
check for open circuit across terminals. Ohmmeter
guide for proper connection.
shall indicate open circuit.