ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
b. Removal. Refer to Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for speed switch removal instructions.
Two different types of switch, one electronic, the other mechanical, are used
interchangeably in the sets. Determine which type you are removing by referring to
figure 3-15 sheets 1 and 2 and proceed accordingly.
c. Disassembly (Electronic Type).
(1) Remove screws (1, figure 3-15, sheet 1) to remove rotor assembly (2) from electronics assembly
(2) Remove rotor cap (3), cotter pin (4), and rotor (5).
(3) Remove retaining rings (6 and 7), bearing (8), shaft (9) and base (10).
d. Disassemblv (Mechanical Type)
(1) Cut Iockwire on speed switch.
(2) Remove screw (1, figure 3-15, sheet 2), Lockwire (2), washer(3), to remove rotor assembly (4)
from cap and cover assembly (10).
(3) Remove counterweight (5), spacer (6), packing (7), and retaining ring (9) from body assembly (8).
e. Cleaning, Inspection, Repair and Assembly (Electronic Type).
Refer to figure 3-15, sheet 1.
Do not submerge the electronics assembly (12) and base assembly (11) in cleaning
solvent. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personel
Wipe the exterior of the electronics assembly (12) and base assembly (11) with a clean rag, lightly
moistened with solvent P-D-680 Type Il.
Clean all other parts with P-D-680 Type II and dry thoroughly.
Inspect base, rotor cap, electronics and base assemblies for cracks, corrosion, or other damage.
Check rotor and shaft for cracks, corrosion, or other damage.
Check the bearing (8) for excessive wear.
Replace any worn or defective parts.
f. Assembly (Electronic Type)
(1) Position base (10, figure 3-15 sheet 1) to install shaft (9), bearing (8), retaining rings (7 and 6).
(2) Install rotor (5), cotter pin (4), and rotor cap (3).
(3) Install rotor assembly (2), and screws (1) onto electronics assembly (12).
Refer to figure 3-15, sheet 2.
(1) If either the rotor assembly, the body assembly or the spacer are damaged or defective, replace
g. Cleaning, Inspection, Repair and Assembly (Mechanical Type).