ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(2) Refasten with lockwire after readjustment.
(h). Assembly (Mechancial Type
(1) Position body assembly (8, figure 3-15 sheet 2 ), to install retaining ring (9), packing (7), spacer (6),
and counterweight (5).
(2) Position cap and cover assembly (10), to install rotor assembly (4), washer (3), and Iockwire (2), and
(3) Install lockwire on to speed switch.
i. Test Equipment (Electronical Type).
The following test equipment will be required to properly test the speed
s w i t c h .
(1) Tachometer test stand or speed switch tester with 0.187 tach takeoff fitting, capable of operation up
to 1225 rpm.
(2) 24 Vdc power supply.
(3) VOM suitable for measuring continuity and 24 volts dc.
(4) Mating connector and cable for MS3102R-18-1P connector.
j. Testing (Electronic Type). Refer to figure 3-16, sheet 1 for schematic diagram of pins to be used during
test, and perform the following procedures.
(1) Screw the tachometer fitting onto the test stand.
(2) Attach the connector and cable to J37 of the speed switch.
(3) Connect 24 volts dc to pins E, G and I with the polarity indicated in the test circuit.
(4) Using the VOM, test for the conditions listed below:
Element No. 1:
Pins A & B . . . . . . . . . . . continuity
Pins A & C. . . . . . . . . . . open circuit
Element No. 2:
Pin D . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0 volts dc to ground
Element No. 3:
Pins F & J . . . . . . . . . . . open circuit
Pin H . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24 volts dc to ground
(5) Connect the VOM to read continuity between pins A and B.
(6) Slowly bring up shaft speed of the tester. At 290 to 310 rpm Element No. 1 should trip causing an
open circuit to appear between pins A and B.
(7) After Element 1 has tripped, check with the VOM for continuity between pins A and C.
(8) Proper tripping of Element No. 1 is indicated by meeting the conditions of steps (4), (6) and (7).
(9) Connect the VOM to read voltage on pin D with respect to ground.
(10) Slowly increase the tester shaft speed while monitoring the VOM. When Element No. 2 trips, the
reading will go from 0 volts to 24 volts. Trip speed for Element No. 2 (50/60 Hz) is 590 to 610 rpm.
Trip speed for Element No. 2 (400 Hz) is 825 to 850 rpm.
(11) Continue increasing shaft speed while monitoring pin H for voltage. It should be at 24 volts, dropping
to 0 volts when the third element trips. Trip speed for Element No. 3 is 1200 to 1225 rpm.