ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Remove all data plates and schematics from generator panels. Remove generator set
data plate, and using data plate as a pattern for the rivet holes, mount data plate on
right side of control panel. Mount data plates and schematics on rings supplied with
acoustic suppression kit, and place behind document box mounted on rear panel. Data
plates and schematics should be on separate rings. Reinstall radiator mounting bolts
after removing radiator grill. One capscrew in top left rear door hinge cannot be
removed. Install hex nut on this capscrew to prevent rattles.
Some original hardware will be used to mount the acoustic suppression kit. Store all
components removed and not used from the generator set and acoustic suppression
kit in accordance with local SOP. If acoustic suppression kit is to be removed, original
generator components must be reinstalled.
(2) Refer to operator and unit maintenance manual, paragraph 4-103, and remove the roll pin and rain
cap from the exhaust flange.
Disconnect batteries prior to removing the ground stud. Death or serious injury could
Fuel tank is behind skid. Do not allow drill bit to enter fuel tank. Death or serious injury
(3) Locate left rear tiedown on skid base. Remove ground stud. Measure 5-1/8 inches down from lip of
skid base, and 3-5/8 inches from vertical lip of skid base. Center punch where two lines meet. Refer
to figure 5-35. Using ground stud as a guide, drill two holes in skid base. Install ground stud in holes.
Remove ground plate and install under ground stud. (Refer to figure 5-34.) It maybe necessary to
remove wire ties from the ground wire wiring harness to attach the ground wire to the ground stud.
To remove the acoustic suppression kit from shipping container, refer to steps (25) thru
(14) and step (8) of paragraph b in reverse order. Ensure all components are removed
from shipping container.
b. Install acoustic suppression kit on generator set.
Location of first hole is critical. Read steps(1) thru (4) and study figure 5-35 carefully
before marking and drilling first hole. Failure to observe this caution could result in
(1) Using template supplied with acoustic suppression kit in vertical position, mark rear of skid base in
two positions. (Refer to figure 5-35.)
(2) Using template in horizontal position, mark rear of skid base in two positions. (Refer to figure 5-35.)
(3) After making four marks, draw a vertical and horizontal line through the marks. (Refer to figure