ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Figure 3110. Electromagnetic Interference Capacitors
3-87. ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE CAPACITORS
(1) Disconnect capacitor leads from terminal.
(2) Loosen and remove two capacitor bracket bolts (1, figure 3-110), and two lockwashers (2) from
(3) Remove capacitor bracket (3).
(4) Loosen and remove two capacitor bolts (4), nuts (5), and four washers (6) and remove four
b. Cleaning,Inspection and Testing.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal
injury or death.
(1) Clean capacitor assembly with a clean, lint free cloth moistened with solvent P-D-680 Type II and
(2) Inspect capacitor assembly for cracks, corroded terminals, and evidence of shorting.
(3) Test capacitors as follows:
Test the capacitors for leaks and shorts on a capacitor tester, replace defective capacitors. If test
equipment is not available and interference is indicated, isolate the cause of interference by the
trial and error method of replacing each capacitor in turn until the cause of interference is located