ARMY TM 9-6116-464-34
AIR FORCE 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-6-624-34
(1) Install four capacitors (7, figure 3-110), four washers (6), nuts (5) and two capacitors bolts (4) and
(2) Install capacitor bracket (3).
(3) Position chassis to install two Iockwashers (2), two capacitor bracket bolts (1) and tighten.
Section X11. MAINTENANCE OF RELAY TABLE COMPONENTS
The relay table components consist of the tactical relay assembly, the special relay assembly, and the
precise relay assembly. The tactical relay assembly, which is common to all three models, contains relays to
shutdown the generator set in the event of overvoltage, short circuit, overload, and reverse power. It also
houses the current transformer load resistors. The special relay assembly, also common to all three models,
contains the relays for the remainder of the protective devices and the paralleling controls for the voltage
regulator. The precise relay assembly is used only on the 50/60 Hz and 400 Hz precise models. It contains the
paralleling controls for the governor control unit and the fixed resistors of the frequency adjustment system. The
50/60 Hz model of the precise relay assembly also contains a frequency selector switch which changes its
operation from 50 to 60 Hz.
3-89. TACTICAL RELAY ASSEMBLY.
Do not attempt to perform maintenance on the tactical relay assembly while the
generator set is operating. Severe electrical shock or death may result from failure to
observe this warning.
(1) Disconnect electrical connectors to the tactical relay assembly.
(2) Remove screws (1, figure 3-111) and Iockwashers (2) to remove relay assembly from generator set.
Tag and disconnect electrical leads to each component prior to disassembly.
(1) Remove screw (1, figure 3-111), and Iockwasher (2).
(2) Remove screw (3), and cover(4).
(3) Remove nut & captive washer assembly (5), screw (6) and tactical relay resistor assembly. (7).
(4) Remove nut & captive washer assemlby (8), screw (9), terminal board assembly (10) and terminal
(5) Remove screw & captive washer assembly (12), reverse power relay (13), overvoltage relay (14) and
short circuit relay (15).
(6) Remove screw and captive washer assembly (16) and overload protective device (17).