ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal
injury or death.
Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry thoroughly.
Inspect drive gear for cracks and worn, chipped, or broken teeth.
Inspect adapter for deep wear marks, cracks, and galling.
Inspect pressure valve block and valve plug for corrosion, wear and galling.
Check spring for chaffing, cracks, and distortion.
Inspect flange eyelet and valve seat for wear, cracks, and galling.
Inspect drive shaft and gear assembly and idler gear for cracks, deep wear patterns, and other
Inspect body and cover for cracks, corrosion, deep wear patterns in gear bores.
Replace all bearings, seals, gaskets, and o-rings at each overhaul.
Replace any damaged parts.
d. AS Sembly.
(1) Position body (31), and install needle bearing (30), check valve (29), plate and seal assembly (28)
and drive shaft and gear assembly (27).
(2) Install idler gear (26), new O-ring (25), needle bearing (24), cover (23), dowel pin (22) and screws
(3) Install seal plate (20) and screws (19).
(4) Install flange eyelet (18), spring (17), valve plug (16), new o-ring (15), pressure valve block (14),
sealing washer (13), flat washer (12), pressure setscrew (11 ) and locknut (1 O).
(5) Install adapter (9), woodruff key (8), drive gear (7), castellated nut (6) and cotter pin (5).
(1) Install hydraulic pump assembly on a suitable test stand and provide a means of rotating at
approximately 600 RPM.
(2) Connect a hydraulic line to pump assembly inlet.
(3) Connect a hydraulic line equipped with a pressure gauge, and a restriction valve to the pump
(4) Operate pump at approximately 600 RPM.
(5) Close restriction valve until pressure gauge reads 320 +10 PSI. If 320 ± 10 PSI is not obtainable,
loosen locknut and adjust pressure relief valve screw until 320 ± 10 PSI is reached.
(6) Slowly close the restriction valve while observing the pressure gauge. The pressure should drop. If
not, continue to adjust pressure relief valve screw until pressure does drop.
(7) Loosen locknut and adjust pressure setscrew (11, figure 3-34) until pressure gauge indicates 320
± 10 psig.