ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(6) Test hydraulic sump for leaks as follows:
(a) Securely install cap and dipstick assembly.
(b) Install a plug in outlet connection.
(c) install a fitting in inlet opening and connect an air line.
(d) Submerge hydraulic sump in a container of water and pressurize at 10 to 15 psig air pressure.
(e) Check for air bubble formations which will indicate leaks.
(f) Remove hydraulic sump from container. Release air pressure. Thoroughly dry exterior prior to
removing cap and dipstick assembly, plug, or fitting to prevent entry of water into hydraulic sump.
Steam clean the interior of the sump for a period of 2 hours to remove residual vapors
prior to welding. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
(7) Repair leaks and cracked or broken welds by welding.
(8) Test repairs as outlined in step (6) above.
(9) Remove defective paint, treat, and repaint.
(10) Markings shall be in accordance with using service requirements.
(11) Repair minor thread damage with a thread chaser.
(12) Replace any excessively damaged parts.
(1) Install elbows (7, figure 3-33).
(2) Install cap and dipstick assembly (6) in hydraulic sump (5) and secure with screws (4), Iockwashers
(3) and nuts (2).
(3) Connect hydraulic lines (1).
3-41. HYDRAULIC PUMP ASSEMBLY.
(1) Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual and drain the hydraulic sump.
(2) Remove hydraulic lines and fittings from hydraulic pump assembly.
(3) Remove Iockwires (1, figure 3-34), screws (2) and flat washers (3) to remove hydraulic pump
assembly and gasket (4). Discard gasket.
(1) Remove cotter pin (5), castellated nut (6), driver gear (7), woodruff key (8) and adapter (9).
(2) Remove locknut (10), pressure setscrew (11), flat washer (12), sealing washer (13), pressure valve
block (14), o-ring (15), valve plug (16), spring (17) and flange eyelet (18).
(3) Remove screws (19) and seal plate (20).
(4) Remove screws (21), dowel pin (22), cover (23), needle bearing (24), o-ring (25) and idler gear
(5) Remove drive shaft and gear assembly (27), plate and seal assembly (28), check valve (29), needle
bearing (30) from body (31).