2-7 PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT.
2-7.1 Shut Down Power Plant/Power Unit. If power plant/power unit is operating, stop generator set
2-7.1.1 Power Plant. Refer to paragraph 2-5.3.3.
2-7.1.2 Power Unit.
a. Stop the generator set in accordance with TM 9-6115-641-10.
b. Perform the generator set PMCS listed as After in table 2-2.
Disconnect Load Cables.
Make sure generator sets are shut down before connecting load cables.
Failure to observe this warning can cause severe personal injury or death.
Power Unit configuration, refer to TM 9-6115-641-10 and disconnect load cables.
Power Plant configuration where load cable is comected to switch box output connector,
perform the following
(1) Disconnect load cable from switch box output connector (6, figure 2-9).
(2) Install cap (5) on output connector (6).
(3) Store load cable with equipment that was being supplied with electric power.
For Power Plant configuration where load cables are connected to switch box load terminals,
perform the following-
(1) Release both clamping catches (4) and raise load terminal cover (2).
(2) Using load terminal box wrench, loosen terminal nuts (l).
(3) Disconnect load cables from switch box load terminals (3).
(4) Store load cables with equipment that was being supplied with electric power.
Retrieve Ground Cable and Rod.
Remove wing nut (1, figure 2-8) and flat washer (2). Remove ground cable (b) from ground
stud (4). Reinstall flat washer and wing nut on ground stud.
Loosen clamp (9, figure 2-7) and remove ground cable (8) from clamp.
Store ground cable in accessory box.
Remove slide hammer components from accessory box and assemble as follows:
(1) If installed, remove nut (6, figure 2-7) from rod (4).