ARMY TM 9-6115-604-12
NAVY NAVFAC P 8 633-12
(1) Install SYNCHROSCOPE switch S115 (14) by positioning switch sections at rear of cabinet B door and
assemble the mounting plate from the front. Secure the assembly with the three mounting screws.
(2) Replace switch handle In the OFF position and secure with the attaching screw.
(3) Connect wires and discard tags
4-117. PARALLEL/SINGLE SET LIGHTS DS35 AND DS36 (17, Figure 2-2). PARALLEL/SINGLE SET lights DS35
and DS36 indicate mode of operation select by PARALLEL switch S6.
Do not touch exposed electrical connection when a source of power such as
utility power or another generator set is connected to the load terminals. Death or
injury may result from failure to observe this warning.
Test. See Figure 4-72 When a lamp falls to light when expected, proceed as follows:
(1) Set multimeter to 120 V ac scale and check for presence of 120 V ac at lamp holder (10) terminals. If power
is not present when lamp should light, check wiring to the lamp using FO-2; trace back through circuit until
defective wire or Item is found. Repair or replace as required.
(2) If power exists at lamp holder (10) terminals, replace lamp (9) with a known good lamp Refer to step c,
(3) If known good lamp (9) does not light, replace lamp holder (10) Refer to step c, below.
Remove See Figure 4-72.
(1) Remove clear lens (8) covering lamp (9). Remove lamp
(2) Tag and disconnect wires from lamp holder (10).
(3) Remove lamp holder (10) from panel by removing attaching hardware.
c. Repair. Repair consists of replacing defective lamp holders (10) and lamps (9). Refer to steps b and d.
Install See Figure 4-72.
(1) Install lamp holder (10) in panel Secure with attaching hardware.
(2) Connect wiring to lamp holder (10), remove and discard tags
(3) Install lamp (9)
(4) Install clear lens (8).
4-118. PHASE SEQ. SEL. SW. S119 (15, Figure 2-2). PHASE SEQ SEL SW. S119 is a three-section, rotary switch.
It is used to check the phase sequence of the bus and generator set In conjunction with phase sequence indicators
DS112 and DS113.
Test. See Figure 4-74.
Switch wiring position numbers are translated as follows the first digit defines the section
or decks In relation to the handle end, the second digit is a specific terminal on that
deck. For example position 23 is located on the second deck, the contact is terminal
(1) Tag and disconnect wires from switch contacts.
(2) Set a multimeter at RX1 scale and test for contact continuity in the switch positions specified in the chart in
Figure 4-74. Meter should Indicate zero ohms at all points marked In the chart.
(3) Multimeter should Indicate Infinity at all blank contacts In the chart