ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
3. Drip cover
6. Screen guard
9. Lead block assy
13. Screen Guard
16. Cover plate
Rotor and balance assy
End bell assembly
Figure 3-136. Generator Assembly, Exploded View (Sheet 2 of 2)
(14) Secure the bar stock to the rotor assembly using the generator lifting eye (see figure 3-137).
(15) Locate and center punch a hole at each end of the bar stock in line with the generator housing
(16) Remove the generator lifting eye and the steel bar.
(17) Drill a 5/8 inch hole at each center punched position.
(18) Secure the steel bar to the stator (generator housing) with two of the screws used to secure the
generator to the engine flywheel housing.
(19) Install the generator lifting eye bolt.
(20) Using a suitable lifting device, lift the generator by the eye bolt and stand it on its end bell.
Use block as necessary to hold the generator in the upright position.
If the alternator assembly is to be sent to higher level, the rotor assembly must be
secured in the stator assembly to prevent damage while in transit. The bar stock steel
illustrated in figure 3-137 can be used for this purpose.
(21) Remove the two screws securing the steel bar to the stator.
C A U T I O N
Use extreme care when lifting rotor and balance assembly from the stator assembly.
Failure to observe this caution could result damage to the equipment.
(22) Using a suitable lifting device, remove rotor and balance assembly (25, figure 3-136) from stator
assembly (26) and position on a support.