The high temperature cutout switch must be
removed and tested semiannually (500 hours).
(1) Using an oil pot tester and peanut oil, heat
Oil to 394° ± 10ºF (201° ± 5°C).
(2) Immerse threads and bottom surface of switch
in oil. After a minimum of 1 minute, use an ohm-
meter and check continuity between terminals on
(3) If continuity exists, replace with a new switch.
(4) Keep threads and bottom surface of switch in
oil and allow it to cool to 300o F (149o C) minimum.
Repeat continuity check in (2) above.
(5) If continuity does not exist, replace with a
(1) Install switch (11) on engine and lock with
locking tab (12).
(2) Connect electrical leads (10) to switch ter-
m i n a l s .
(3) On ASK equipped generators, refer to Operator and
Organizational Maintenance Manual and replace top panel assembly
and exhaust plenum.