Actuator Assembly Adjustment Points
(d) Insert a 0.150 0.010 inch feeler
gauge into the movable core gap.
Preload is checked by the initial break-
(e) Adjust guide rods (2) until the gauge
away of retaining ring (point (B)).
is snug throughout the parimeter.
(a) Using a force gauge, check each in-
(f) Secure the adjustment by tightening
dividual contact at its edge (point (A)). Preload
loosely installed nuts (3).
should be 1.5 to 205 pounds.
(12) Install contact assemblies (54 and 53,
(b) If preload is not as specified, add or
washer (51), lockwasher (50), screw (49), lock-
washers (46), and screws (47).
(17) Install actuator and connector assembly
(13) Secure contact assemblies (38) to main
bushing (44), lockwashers (43) and screws (42).
and nuts (35). Install terminal washers (41), lock-
(18) Install main contact assembly (23) and
washers (40) and nuts (39).
(14) Install grommets (33), spacers (34), and
arc chutes (32).
A1-A2 ad C1-C2.
(15) Install shims (30 and 29), springs (28),
bushings (27), and shims (26) onto bridge assemblies
(b) Insert a 0.035 inch feeler gauge into
(25). Secure bridge assemblies to main contact
core gap (point (A)).
operator (31) with retaining rings (24).
(c) Energize coil by applying 24 Vdc across
(16) Check preload of each contact as follows: