Figure 4-27. Governor Control Unit Parallel Winding Test Circuit
(5) Using heavy gloves and safety glasses,
(1) Set R11, R14, R16 and R18 rheostats at
slowly lower the printed circuit board into the
(2) Set R15 full counterclockwise.
(3) Set R12 approximately 3/4 turn counter-
Use care not to splash hot potting com-
(4) Refer to Organizational Maintenance Manual
pound on operating personnel. It can
and start engine. If engine oscillates rapidly,
cause severe injury.
adjust R16 and R18 until operation is stable.
(6) Position the printed circuit board and
(5) Once set has been stabilized, adjust R1
allow compound to cool.
rheostat on control panel to obtain 60 Hz.
(7) When compound has cooled and is substan-
tially solid, install top cover and hardware.
range across test points 3 and 4, Test point 4 is
positive. Adjust R14 until voltage across test
i. Installation. Install governor control unit
points 3 and 4 is zero at no load.
in reverse order of removal procedures. Refer to
when connecting linkage.
1 and 2.
Test point 1 is positive. Adjust Rll
for zero volts at 60 Hz at no load. Repeat
adjustment until voltage across test points 1
and 2 and 3 and 4 is zero and frequency is 60 Hz.
Desired speeds must be obtained by trial
and error adjustments of linkage, posi-
tion of control arm and performing the
If test points 1 and 2 cannot be zeroed,
they must be reduced to a minimum.
identification of controls and perform the follow-