ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Install filler neck hose with vent holes to top and outboard.
(1) Position metal fuel tank (20, figure 3-18) to install drain valve (19) and cap (18).
(2) Install new fuel level switch gasket (17), fuel level switch (16), lockwasher (15), and screws (14).
(3) Position strap (13), to install flatwasher (12), and locknut (11).
(4) Install gasket (10), adapter (9), Iockwasher (8) and screws (7).
(5) Install hose (6), filler neck (5), clamps (4), screws (3), Iockwasher (2) and nut (1).
(6) Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual and accomplish the following:
(a) Install Iower cover panels, ventilation louver panel, and right and left ventilation doors to generator
(b) Connect engine wiring harness to fuel level gauge.
(c) Connect fuel vent system to main fuel tank.
(d) Connect fuel lines and fittings to main fuel tank:
(e) Fill the main fuel tank assembly.
3-17. MAIN FUEL TANK (PLASTIC).
(1) Refer to the Operator and Unit Manual and accomplish the following:
(a) Drain the main fuel tank assembly.
(b) Disconnect fuel lines and fittings from main fuel tank.
(c) Disconnect fuel vent system from main fuel tank.
(d) Disconnect engine wiring harness from fuel level gauge.
(e) Remove left and right ventilation doors, ventilation louver panel, and lower cover panels from rear
of generator set housing.
(2) Remove nut (1, figure 3-19), lockwasher (2), screw (3), clamps (4), filler neck (5), and hose (6).
(3) Remove locknut (7), flat washer (8), from strap (9).
(4) Remove screws (10), Iockwasher (11), ground wire assembly (12), fuel level switch (13), and fuel
level switch gasket (14). Replace gasket if damaged.
(5) Remove cap (15) and drain valve (16) from plastic fuel tank (17).
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-880, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personel