ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(7) Connect dc voltmeter across test points 1 and 2. Test point 1 is positive. Adjust R11 for zero volts at
60 Hz or 400 Hz at no load. Repeat adjustment until voltage across test points 1 and 2 and 3 and 4
is zero and frequency is 60 Hz or 400 Hz.
If test points 1 and 2 cannot be zeroed, they must be reduced to a minimum,
(8) Adjust R12 to give approximately 5 volts across test points A and B.
(9) Adjust R15 for optimum transient performance. Fully clockwise position is maximum load
(10) Set R18 and R16 for stabilized performance at all load conditions. For optimum performance R18
should be set as far counterclockwise as possible without causing an oscillation for any setting of
(11) Increasing the load measurement gain R15 (turning in a clockwise direction) will improve transient
performance; therefore, it should be adjusted as high as possible. The adjustment of R18, R16, and
R15 are interdependent. For any position of R18, there is an optimum position for R16. Therefore, to
improve transient performance, increase the frequency gain by turning R18 clockwise. If a hunt
develops, readjust R16 for stability. If no hunt develops, apply and reject load to check for stability
under transient conditions.