ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
The thrust plate may be reversed if one side appears worn or scratched. A small
amount of grease may be used to hold the thrust plate in place,
Do not use force when inserting rotor. Binding may be caused by the presence of
foreign particles. If rotor binds, withdraw it, rinse the rotor and hydraulic head in clean
fuel and attempt to assemble again.
Failure to observe this caution could result in
(6) Immerse rotor (135) and hydraulic head (134) in clean oil and assemble with a slight rotary motion.
(7) Install delivery valve (133) making sure that it moves freely in its bore. Install spring (132) and stop
(131). Install screw (130) and torque to 85-90 inch-pounds.
The screw (130) has one end which is relieved to clear the delivery stop. Be sure that
this end faces the stop.
(8) Place the hydraulic head and rotor in the holding fixture. Insert plungers (127) into the rotor bores.
Install shoes (126), rollers (125) and leaf springs (124).
(9) Adjust roller-to-roller dimension as follows: (See figure 3-22.)
(a) Apply clean, dry air at 30 to 100 pounds per square inch by means of a suitable fitting to any one of
the head outlets.
(b) Rotate the rotor until the rollers are pushed to their extreme outward position.
(c) Using a 1 inch to 2 inch micrometer, measure the roller-to-roller dimension. If roller-to-roller
dimension is not 1.964 ± 0.0005 inch, adjust screw (123, figure 321 ).
Turning screw clockwise increases the rollertoroller dimension. Turning screw
counterclockwise reduces roller-to-roller dimension.
(10) Place the cam ring (121, figure 3-21) atop the hydraulic head, making sure that the rotation arrow
(11) Place the governor weight retainer (119) over the drive of the distributor rotor. Make sure that the
assembly marks on the weight retainer and the rotor align with each other. Install retaining ring (118).
C A U T I O N
Use care when inverting the hydraulic head, as the rotor is not retained and could
easily fall out. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
(12) Invert the hydraulic head in the holding fixture so that the governor weight retainer engages the bar.
(13) Lift the hydraulic head slightly so that its inside face aligns with the rotor end and install retainers
(117). Install retaining ring (116).
(14) Insert the transfer pump liner (72) into the hydraulic head so that the large slot is in line with the head
locating screw hole and the letter C, which signifies pump rotation, is up. This will correctly position
the liner locating slot to accept the end plate locating pin.