ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Figure 3-22. Adjusting Fuel Injection Pump Roller-to-Roller Dimension
(15) Carefully insert the transfer pump blades (71) and springs (70) taking care not to cock them. Rotate
the liner several times to check for freedom of movement. Return the liner to the correct position.
(16) Install transfer pump seal (68).
(17) Slip the head and rotor assembly, drive end up, into the holding fixture. Place the six governor
weights (113) in their sockets with the slots facing the bore of the assembly. Place the thrust sleeve
washer (115) against the thrust sleeve (114) so that the camfered edge faces the sleeve. Insert the
forefinger into the bore of the sleeve and washer, holding them together, and insert them into the
slots of the governor weights by tilting the weights slightly back. The two slots on the thrust sleeve
flange should face up. Sight across the tops of the assembled weights to ascertain correct
positioning. One weight higher than others indicates incorrect assembly of the thrust washer.
(18) Place the governor arm (86) in position with the fork for the governor linkage hook facing the end
plate. Insert pivot shaft (85) with the knife edge facing the end plate and assemble the two seals (83
and 84) and nuts (81 and 82). Tighten the nuts simultaneously to a torque of 20 to 25 inch-pounds.
(19) install a new seal (122) on the hydraulic head. Rotate the cam ring so that the unthreaded hole is in
line with the metering valve bore to insure proper positioning of the cam. Apply a light film of clean
grease around the inside edge of the housing (152).
Do not use force. If the hydraulic head should cock during insertion, withdraw and start
over. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
(20) Grasp the hydraulic head firmly in both hands and insert it into the housing with a slight rotary