(6) Jet fuel source pressure to 22 psi (152 kPa).
(7) Shift the target ring in base of tool so one
spray stream hits center of No. 1 or index
window. This window provides ±3 degrees
tolerance on injector spray stream location.
(8) Check that spray stream hits a window in
the target ring. No more than one stream
must require the increased tolerance of the
No. 1 window.
(9) After testing, assemble plunger with spring in
body adapter and store in clean place until
ready for next test.
Flow Test. The flow test is accomplished using the
injector test stand (see figure 13-19).Refer to
paragraph i, and proceed as follows:
(1) Seat injector in body so injector inlet aligns
with body inlet hole. Tighten locating screw.
(2) Remove spring (4) and plunger (7) from
injector adapter. Leave spring (4) off and
install plunger (7).
(3) Attach test stand inlet pressure line to drain
connection of test stand.
(4) Hold injector plunger down against its seat
in injector cup with injector in a vertical
position. Assembly may be held in hand; do
not place in test stand holding device.
(5) Turn on test stand and adjust pressure to
150 psi (1034 kPa).
(6) Check orifice plug inlet opening or injector
for leakage past ball valve.
Make certain that plunger is seated in
(7) If leakage is observed, the ball (8) must be
replaced. Slight seepage is harmful.
Disassembly. Proceed as follows:
(1) Lift out injector link (3), plunger (7), and
spring (4). Remove spring (4) from adapter
(2) If required, store plunger (7) by standing on
Injector barrels and plungers are class
fit. Do not interchange.
(3) Remove O-rings (10) from injector adapter
(15) and discard.
(4) Remove filter screen clip (11) and remove
screen (12). Check screen and discard if
Do not remove orifice plug (13) from
(5) Insert injector into holding fixture.
(6) Slide body wrench, over flats on injector.
(7) Place retainer wrench on injector.
(8) Activate air cylinder on holding fixture to
hold injector in place. Loosen cup retainer
(5) but do not remove.
(9) Deactivate air cylinder.
(10) Remove injector clamp and retainer wrench
Screw off cup retainer (5) and remove
injector cup (6) and barrel (7).
Do not lose check ball (8)