(5) Remove retainer (18), spring (19), and disc
Inspection and Test. Visually examine springs
and disc for cracks and other damage.
Repair. Repair by replacing any damaged or
(1) Replace disc (20), spring (19), and bypass
(2) Replace gasket (11) and install washers (7),
capscrews (6), and capscrews (5).
(3) Install washers (2) and capscrews (1).
(4) Replace O-ring (4) and install oil transfer
(5) Replace the oil filters and refill the engine
oil in accordance with the Operator/Crew
and Organizational Maintenance manual.
13-13. INJECTORS. The following paragraphs contain
injectors.(See figure 13-16.) Refer to Operator and
procedures and proceed as follows:
Leakage Test. The leakage test is conducted
using an injector leakage tester (see figure 13-
17). Refer to paragraph g. and proceed as
(1) Oil injector O-rings (10).
(2) Install plunger extension on plunger (7) and
remove spring (4).
(3) Align injector delivery orifice with locating
screw hole or bushing hole in adapter pot.
(4) Using hand pressure, press injector into pot
until it bottoms.
(5) Insert and tighten locating screw.
(6) Plug fuel inlet port using plug provided with
spray angle tester.
(7) Install injector into leakage tester and clamp
into position. Support plate may be tilted for
easier installation of injector.
(8) Operate retraction lever and read air
flowmeter at top of ball float.
(9) Rotate plunger by small increments to find
the highest reading on flowmeter. The
maximum readings should not exceed 4.5
If maximum readings exceed 4.5 worn
limit, repair injector.
With this test completed, place
retraction lever to "A" position;
disconnect transfer line; exhaust the air
cylinder, and remove injector.
Remove plunger and reinstall spring
Cup Spray Pattern Check. The cup spray
pattern check is conducted using a spray angle
tester. Refer to paragraph h, and proceed as
(1) Insert injector into adapter.
(2) Remove plunger (7) and spring (4) from
(3) Install plunger bore plug and rubber seal in
injector plunger bore. Protect injector
plunger from dirt or damage during tests.
(4) Place injector into special seat and adjust
holddown bracket into position required,
then tighten thumb screw.
(5) Tighten knob against plug and seal in
plunger bore so it seals thoroughly.