Figure 7-26. Crankshaft and Camshaft
Gear Timing Marks
(12) Refer to Operator and Organizational
Maintenance Manual and install rocker arm covers.
(13) Refer to paragraph 2-9 and install engine.
(14) Refer to Operator and Organizational
Maintenance Manual and install blower housing.
7-17. CRANKSHAFT AND MAIN BLOCK BEARINGS.
a. Removal (see figure 7-15).
(1) Refer to Operator and Organizational
Maintenance Manual and remove blower housing.
(2) Refer to paragraph 2-9 and remove engine.
(3) Refer to paragraph 7-7 and remove blower
(4) Refer to paragraph 7-8 and remove alternator
(5) Refer to paragraph 7-14 and remove gear
(6) Refer to paragraph 7-9 and remove cylinder
(7) Refer to paragraph 7-4 and 7-5 and remove
flywheel and housing.
Figure 7-27. Timing Gear Backlash
(8) Refer to paragraph 7-10 and remove oil base.
(9) Refer to paragraph 7-11 and remove oil pump
(10) Remove lock ring (15) and retaining washer
(16) in front of crankshaft gear (17).
(11) Pull off crankshaft gear. It has 2- 1/4-20 UNC
tapped holes for attaching a gear pulling ring (see
figure 7-28). Use care not to damage teeth if gear is
to be re-used. Remove woodruff keys (26, figure 7- 15).
(12) Refer to paragraph 7-10 and remove connec-
ting rod and piston assemblies.
(13) Remove rear bearing plate (19, figure 7-15)
from crankcase. Remove gasket (23) and shims (24).