ARMY TM 9-6115464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-6-624-34
(1) Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual and drain the day tank assembly.
(2) Disconnect injector return lines (1 and 2, figure 3-20) and remove tee (3).
(3) On precise sets, remove self-locking nut (4) and screw (5) to disconnect hydraulic actuator linkage
(6). On utility sets disconnect the manual speed control.
When fuel pump is removed from the engine for repair, the throttle lever should be tied
in the wide open position while it is in transit or storage. This prevents the governor
weights from dislodging inside the pump housing.
(4) Disconnect inlet fuel line (7) and remove elbow (8).
(5) Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual and disconnect fuel injector lines.
(6) Remove screws (9), timing Iine cover (10), and gasket (11).
(7) Using a suitable wrench on the crankshaft pulley, bar the engine over in the direction of rotation until
the timing line on the governor retainer hub aligns with the timing line on the pump cam.
(8) Remove nuts (12) and Iockwashers (13).
Do not allow the pump to cock as it is removed, as damage to the pilot tube will result.
(9) Carefully slide fuel injection pump (14) from the timing gear housing.
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the fuel injection pump in the ascending sequence of item numbers assigned
to figure 321 while observing the following:
Place all parts in a pan containing clean oil. Discard all o-rings and gaskets.
Never clamp the pump in a vice without using the fixture. Failure to observe this
caution could result in equipment damage.
Mount the pump in holding fixture and secure.
Remove three screws (1) and remove cover containing solenoid.
Rotate shut-off lever (21 ) to full shutoff position; place a screwdriver between housing and linkage
hook (50) and pry off shutoff cam (25). Discard shutoff cam.
Partially withdraw throttle shaft assembly (26) and lift out throttle shaft lever (45), spacers and
damper barrel assembly (88).
Remove throttle shaft assembly and shutoff shaft assembly (24).
Loosen end plate sleeve.
Remove screws (63), Iockwashers (64), flat washers (65), and transfer pump and plate (66).
Remove thrust plate (67).
Remove the pressure regulating sleeve (55) from end plate (66). Slide off filter element (57). Remove
adjusting plug (54). Shake out the regulating spring (60) and piston (61). Reverse the assembly and
remove the regulating piston seal (62).