5.16 FILTER BOX FK MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
(item 2, appendix B)
Generator Set 150 kW shut
Automotive Fuel and Electrical System Repair, Tool Kit
(item 3, appendix B)
(item 10, appendix E)
Disconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive bat-
tery terminal cables. Failure to observe this warning could result in se-
vere personal injury or death.
Tag ail cables prior to removal to ensure correct connection of the cables
1. Open flap (2, figure 5-32) on unit hood assembly (1).
2. Open front panel (4) on control cabinet assembly (3) and secure with prop (5).
3. Remove eighteen screws (6), eighteen serrated lock washers (7), and eighteen washers (8) from
control cabinet connector panel (9).
4. Open control cabinet connector panel (9) and prop with wooden boards.
5. Remove eight screws (10), eight serrated lock washers (11), eight washers (12), and cover (13)
from filter box FK (16).
6. Record labeling and position of cables (17) to output connection strip (14) and disconnect.
7. Record labeling and position of cables (17) to input connection strip (15) and disconnect.
8. Remove four screws (19), four serrated lock washers (20), four washers (21), and remove filter box