SPEED GOVERNOR ASSEMBLY N1 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
(item 2, appendix B)
Automotive Fuel and Electrical System Repair, Tool Kit
(item 3, appendix B)
Load bank (item 19, appendix B)
(item 16, appendix B)
Generator Set 150 kW shut
(item 10, appendix E)
Disconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive battery termi-
nal cables. Failure to observe this warning could result in severe personal injury
Tag all cables prior to removal to ensure correct connection of the cables during
1. Open flap (2, figure 5-27) on unit hood assembly (1).
2. Open front panel (4) on control cabinet assembly (3) and secure with prop (5).
Speed governor assembly N1 (43) Is located behind digital isochronous load
sharing module N4 (33).
Remove two nuts (32), two serrated Iock washers (32) and two washers (34) from two standoffs (35), while holding
4. Swing digital isochronous load sharing module N4 (36) to one side.
5. Record labeling and position of cables (42) and remove cables (42) from terminals (44) of speed governor
assembly N1 (43).
6 . Remove resistor R10 (41) from speed governor assembly N1 (43) and set aside for re-use.
7. Remove cables (54) for resistors R100 to R102 from connection strip (53).