12. Remove nut (34), serrated lock washer (33), washer (32) and cable 0 (31).
13. Remove nut (38), serrated lock washer (37), washer (36) and cable 7 (35).
14. Remove flat connectors with three cables (23 to 25) from plug (22), by using a screwdriver and
holding down snap in hook (26).
15. Remove cover (11) from cable (20) by sliding along cable (20).
16. Remove battery charging alternator (9) from diesel engine (2).
C A U T I O N
l Do not operate battery charging alternator without battery set
(load) and do not reverse polarity.
Do not short-circuit terminals of battery charging alternator regu-
Check battery charging alternator after installation, and with diesel
engine at rated speed.
Battery set must be connected and fully charged.
1. Measure charging voltage:
a. To measure voltage, connect multimeter to terminal B+ of battery charging alternator (9) or to
cable 2 on right side of Shunt R11 (4, figure 4-66), and to ground.
b. Start diesel engine as instructed in paragraph 2.5.1 and read off charging voltage on multimeter
Reading: 27 - 28.2 V at charging current of 10 - 15 A indicated on BATTERY CHARGE P7.
c. If charging voltage <27 V, replace battery charging alternator regulator N6 as instructed in para-
Install cover (11) on cable (20) by sliding on cable (20).
Place battery charging alternator (9) on diesel engine (2) and support.
4 - 2 1 9