4.54 PANEL DIMMER S16/R2 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
(item 2, appendix B)
Generator Set 150 kW shut
Automotive Fuel and Electrical System Repair, Tool Kit
(item 3, appendix B)
(item 9, appendix B)
Solder (item 12, appendix E)
Cable ties (item 10, appendix E)
Disconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive bat-
tery terminal cables. Failure to observe this warning could result in se-
vere personal injury or death.
Tag all cables prior to removal to ensure correct connection of the
cables during Installation.
1. Open flap (2, figure 4-49) on unit hood assembly (1).
2. Open front panel (4) on control cabinet assembly (3) and secure with prop (5).
3. Record labeling and position of cables (34) and unsolder cables from terminals (32) on PANEL DIM-
MER S16/R2 (31).
4. Remove cover cap (27) from rotary knob (28).
5. Remove slotted nut (26) and rotary knob (28) from shaft of PANEL DIMMER S16/R2 (33).
6. Remove nut (29) and graduated dial (30).
7. Remove PANEL DIMMER S16/R2 (33) and serrated lock washer (31) from the rear of front panel (4).
4 - 1 3 2