4.48 BATTLE SHORT SWITCH S21 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
(item 2, appendix B)
Automotive Fuel and Electrical System Repair, Tool Kit
(item 3, appendix B)
Generator Set 150 kW shut
(item 10, appendix E)
Disconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive bat-
tery terminal cables. Failure to observe this warning could result in se-
vere personal injury or death.
Tag all cables prior to removal to ensure correct connection of the
cables during installation.
1. Open flap (2, figure 4-48) on unit hood assembly (1).
2. Open front panel (4) on control cabinet assembly (3) and secure with prop (5).
3. Record labeling and position of cables (22) and disconnect cables (22) from terminals of BATTLE
SHORT switch S21 (26).
4. Remove two screws (25), two serrated lock washers (24), two washers (23) and cable (22) from
BATTLE SHORT switch S21 (26).
5. Remove screws (28) and cap (27) from front panel (4).
6. Pull BATTLE SHORT switch S21 (26) from rear of front panel (4).
1. Install BATTLE SHORT switch S21 (26) from rear of front panel (4).
2. Install cap (27) on front panel (4) with two screws (28).
3. Screw BATTLE SHORT switch S21 (26) and cap (27) together through front panel (4).
4. Install cable (22), two washers (18) and two serrated lock washers (19) on two screws (20).