Refer to wiring diagram (figure FO-1) and observe polarity of capacitors Cl and C2 before
installing. Failure to observe this caution could result in damage to capacitors.
1. Solder capacitor (12 or 13) leads to terminal studs (14) as applicable.
2. Invert relay board assembly (4) and install four flat washers (3), lock washers (2), and screws (1).
5-16 DIODES CR1-CR4 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a. Test
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
Multimeter (item 3, apendix B)
Both generator sets shut down; paragraph
Soldering Gun (item 3, apendix B)
2-5.3.3. Trailer handbrakes set, front support
leg/landing lowered, and rear leveling-support
jack lowered; paragraph 2-3.2.1. Switch box
1. Remove four screws (1, figure 5-19), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) and invert relay board
2. Unsolder one end of diode (15) to be tested.
3. Set multimeter on R x 1 range, and measure the resistance between diode terminals. Reverse
multimeter leads and measure again. Resistance should be infinity in one direction and less than 30
ohms in the other.
1. Remove four screws (1), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) and invert relay board assembly (4).
2. Unsolder diode (15) from stud terminal (14) and remove diode.