1. Install resistor (5, 6, or 11), two screws (10), flat washers (7), lock washers (8), and nuts (9).
2. Solder leads to resistor.
3. Position relay board assembly (4) and install four flat washers (3), lock washers (2), and screws (1).
5-15 CAPACITORS C1-C4 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a. Test
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
Multimeter (item 3, apendix B)
Both generator sets shut down; paragraph
Soldering Gun (item 3, apendix B)
2-5.3.3. Trailer handbrakes set, front support
leg/landing lowered, and rear leveling-support
jack lowered; paragraph 2-3.2.1. Switch box
1. Remove four screws (1, figure 5-19), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) and invert relay board
2. Discharge capacitors C1 and C2 (12) and C3 and C4 (13) by shorting across terminals.
3. Isolate capacitors C1 and C2 at E5 and E2 respectively. Tag and remove wire W11-34 at TB1-18 to
isolate capacitors C3 and C4.
4. Disconnect one end of capacitor and check continuity between terminals, using a multimeter in the 200
kohms range. The meter needle should deflect and return to infinity within a few seconds. (If using a
digital meter, the readout should run upscale to infinity).
5. If capacitor fails test, replace it. Refer to removal and installation procedures.
6. If capacitor passes test, place relay board assembly (4) in position and secure with four flat washers (3),
lock washers (2), and screws (1).
1. Remove four screws (1), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) and invert relay board assembly (4).
2. Unsolder capacitor (12 or 13) leads from stud terminals (14) and remove capacitor,