ARMY TM 9-6115-604-12
NAVY NAVFAC P 8 633-12
(1) Install switch S100 (1) and secure with four mounting screws.
(2) Connect wires and discard tags.
4-133. START AID SWITCH S10 (14, Figure 2-1). START AID switch S10 is used to Inject ether Into the engine intake
manifold during cranking for cold weather starting.
Dangerous voltage levels may be present at components located within cabinet C.
Observe all applicable safety precautions as outlined in Chapter 1, Section III , of
(1) Disconnect negative lead from terminal 3.
(2) Using a multimeter set to RX 1 scale place test probes across terminals 2 and 3. Meter should read Infinite
(3) Hold toggle In the ON position. Meter should indicate zero ohm.
(4) Release toggle.
(5) START AID switch S10 should snap back to OFF condition and meter should again indicate infinity.
(6) Connect negative lead to terminal 3.
(7) Replace START AID switch S10 if it falls any of the tests In steps (2) through (5), above.
Remove. See Figure 4-76.
(1) Set MAINTENANCE LOCKOUT switch S100 to MAINTENANCE.
(2) Tag and disconnect wiring to START AID switch S10 (5).
(3) Remove locking nut and lockwasher and remove START AID switch S10 (5) from rear of panel.
(1) Install replacement START AID switch S10 (5) from rear of cabinet C door and orient with the toggle in the
downward position (normally OFF).
(2) Secure from the front with lockwasher and locking nut.
(3) Connect wires and discard tags.
(4) Retest for proper operation per step b, above.
(5) Set MAINTENANCE LOCKOUT switch S100 to OPERATE.
4-134. OPERATION SELECTOR SWITCH S3 (21, Figure 2-2). OPERATION SELECTOR switch S3 is used to select
automatic or manual paralleling mode. Automatic paralleling requires use of the SRM.
Switch wiring position numbers are translated as follows: the first digit (alpha) defines the
section, or deck, in relation to the handle end, the second digit is a specific terminal on
that deck. For example, position B12 is located on the second deck, the contact is
terminal number 12.
(1) Tag and disconnect wires from switch contacts. See Figure 4-77.
(2) Using a multimeter set to RX1 scale, test for contact continuity in the X marked positions specified in the
chart in Figure 4-77 Meter should indicate zero ohm at all points marked in the chart.