ARMY TM 9-6115-604-12
NAVY NAVFAC P 8 633-12
Remove. See Figure 4-68.
(1) Tag and disconnect all wiring to switch (5) contacts.
(2) Loosen setscrew on handle and slide handle off shaft.
(3) Remove four screws from face of mounting plate on front of cabinet B door Switch (5) sections can be
removed at rear of cabinet B door as an assembly.
Install. See Figure 4-68.
(1) Install PHASE SEQ. SEL. SW S119 (5) by positioning switch sections at rear of cabinet B door and
assemble the mounting plate from the front. Secure the assembly with the four mounting screws.
(2) Install switch handle In the OFF position and secure with the attaching screw.
(3) Connect wires and discard tags.
4-119. REMOTE VOLTAGE ADJUST RHEOSTAT R106. Remote voltage adjust rheostat R106 is used In conjunction
with voltage regulator VR101 to trim generator output voltage and is normally set at midrange position.
Test. See Figure 3-27.
(1) Open generator control cabinets A and B to gain access to the voltage adjust rheostat R106.
(2) Tag and disconnect wiring from the rheostat terminals 1 and 2 Rheostat body is located In cabinet B. Do not
remove jumper wire across terminals 2 and 3.
(3) Set multimeter to RX1 K scale and connect across terminals 1 and 2.
(4) Rotate rheostat shaft (in cabinet A) counterclockwise full scale Multimeter should read 500 ohms Rotate
rheostat shaft full clockwise Resistance reading should read no more than 1 ohm.
(1) Tag and disconnect wiring from rheostat R106.
(2) Remove rheostat mounting nut from inside generator cabinet A, and remove rheostat R106 from generator
control cabinet B.
Install. Prior to Installation, verify that rheostat terminals 2 and 3 are jumpered.
(1) Position rheostat R106 from Inside cabinet B using guide tab on rheostat. Secure rheostat from Inside
cabinet A using mounting nut.
(2) Connect wires as tagged. Remove and discard tags.
(3) Set rheostat shaft at approximately mid-range. Close and secure generator control cabinets A and B.
4-120. LUBE OIL PRESSURE GAGE M1 (7, Figure 2-1). LUBE OIL PRESSURE gage M1 indicates oil pressure within
Dangerous voltage levels may be present at components located within cabinet C.
Observe all applicable safety precautions as outlined in Chapter 1, Section III , of
Two persons may be required to perform the following procedure.
(1) Set 24 V dc CONTROL POWER CIRCUIT BREAKER CB1 to ON.
(2) Disconnect sender lead from OIL PRESSURE SENDER MT1 mounted on the engine block (see Figure 3-3).
LUBE OIL PRESSURE gage M1 pointer should go to zero.