ARMY TM 9-6115-604-12
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-633-12
(1) Remove mufflers from roof of generator set In accordance with paragraph 3-15.
(2) See Figure 4-5. Remove muffler opening covers (1) from air filters. Install muffler opening covers over holes In
roof and secure with muffler hardware.
(3) Remove angle (7) from tool box and secure to conduit box with screws (6).
(4) Install muffler assemblies (5) in generator compartment and secure to angle (7) with hexagon head cap screws
(2), lock washers (3), and hexagonal nuts (4).
Assemble Lifting Attachment Kit.
(1) Refer to Figure 4-9 Assemble lifting attachment kit as follows:
Connect together male and female (1 and 2) elements of spreader bars and secure with quick release
Remove cotter pins (4) Remove anchor pins (5) from shackles (6).
Hook shackles (6) through eyes of leg assemblies (7). Using anchor pins (5), pin shackles (6) to spreader
bar assemblies (8) Assure that leg assemblies (7) are not twisted Install cotter pins (4).
Connect leg assemblies with hooks (12) to spreader bar assemblies (8) in same manner as above.
Lift (Generator Set.
Do not use a crane with a lifting capacity of less than 45,000 pounds (20,400
kg). Do not allow generator set to swing while it is suspended. Personnel
shall not stand beneath the generator set as it is being lifted. Failure to
observe this warning may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Hoist the lifting attachment kit over the top of the generator set. Lower the lifting attachment kit enough to hook
It onto the generator set skid base in four places In accordance with Figure 4-10.
(2) Attach guide lines to the generator set, as required Attach at least two lines, on opposite sides, and at opposite
(3) Position vehicle, as required, to receive the generator set
(4) Lift generator set and position onto vehicle
(5) After generator set is positioned on vehicle, disconnect hooks (4, Figure 4-10) Hoist lifting attachment kit clear of
the generator set and lower kit to ground
Disassemble Lifting Kit, (Figure 4-9)
(1) Remove cotter pins (4) and anchor pins (5) to remove shackles (6) from spreader bar assemblies (8)
(2) Unhook shackles (6) from eyes of leg assemblies (7) Reinstall shackles (6) on spreader bar assemblies (8) and
secure with anchor pins (5) and cotter pins (4).
(3) Remove cotter pins (4) and anchor pins (5) to remove shackles (6) securing leg assemblies with hooks (12) to
spreader bar assemblies (8) Leave shackles (6) hooked through eyes of leg assemblies with hooks (12) and
reinstall cotter pins (9)
(4) Remove quick release pins (3) and separate spreader bar assemblies into male and female elements (1 and 2)
(5) Inspect webbing of leg assemblies for any evidence of damage If soiled, clean thoroughly using water and