on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (B01) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a repair part of
the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V"appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary from
application to application.
OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be
used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures
are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each
group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number
of the figure where the item
in Sections II