ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(14) Remove wire, inserted in step 3-6d. (11).
Perform steps in paragraph 3-6e(1) before proceeding with assembly.
(15) Install capacitor and clamp assembly (27), screw (25), washers (26), Iockwasher (24) and nut (23).
Install nuts (22 and 21).
(16) Install capacitor and clamp assembly (28) and brush lead (15).
(17) Install ventilated cover band (9) with screws (8).
(18) Install all electrical Ieads that were tagged and disconnected during disassembly in step 3-6b. (2).
(See figure 3-5.)
(19) Install washer (5), fuse holder (3), and nut (4). Resolder leads to fuse holder.
(20) Install fuse (7) and cap (6).
Install test leads as indicated in e. (2) below.
Complete testing of alternator sub-paragraph e. (2) below prior to completing assembly.
(1) Manufacture test leads as follows:
(a) From No. 8 or No. 10 insulated wire, cut three lengths, one 10 inches long and two 5 inches long.
(b) Strip both ends of all three leads and tin with solder.
(c) Attach a 1/4 inch ring terminal to one end of the 10 inch lead.
(d) Attach a No. 10 ring terminal to one end of each 5 inch lead.
(2) Install test leads as follows:
(a) Attach test leads as shown in figure 3-7. Pass the free end of each lead through the ventilated
band cover (9, figure 3-5).
(b) Install regulator and cover assembly (2) and secure with screws (1).