ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(30) Impregnate the wound rotor as follows:
Mark all fit surfaces to prevent the resin from adhering.
Preheat the wound core for 2 hours (minimum) at 302°F (150°C) (minimum).
Allow the core to cool in ambient surroundings to 104°F (40°C) (maximum).
Place the core in the vacuum tank and evacuate to 1 to 5 mm Hg and hold for 15 minutes.
Without breaking the vacuum, admit the resin into the tank to a sufficient depth to cover the core.
Hold the vacuum for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Break the vacuum and pressurize the tank to 85 to 90 psig. Hold for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Reduce the pressure to zero, then increase as necessary to remove the resin from the tank.
Drain the core for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Place the core in an oven and heat to a temperature of 302°F (150°C). Cure at this temperature for
a minimum of 16 hours.
(31) It damage to the exciter stator is discovered at inspection and test, rewind in accordance with figure
(32) Vacuum impregnate bobbins in accordance with stop (28) above prior to installing on laminations.
(33) If damage to the exciter rotor is noted at inspection and test, rewind in accordance with figure 3-147.
(34) After winding the rotor, vacuum pressure impregnate as directed in step (30) above.
(35) Replace all worn or damaged parts and parts which fail to meet inspection requirements.
(1) Assemble stator assembly as follows:
(a) Screw eye bolt (4, figure 3-141) into frame assembly (5).
(b) Install lead bushing (3) and secure with Iockwashers (2) and screws (1). Torque screws to 17 Ibs-ft.
(2) Assemble lead block assembly as follows:
(a) Assemble blocks (5 and 6, figure 3-140) and pressure plates (4).
(b) Install with screws (3), Iockwashers (2) and nuts (1). Do not tighten.
(3) Assemble rotor and balance assembly as follows:
(a) Heat rotor core (18, figure 3-139) in an oven for 3.0 to 3.5 hours at 356.0°F (180.0°C).
(b) Install key (17) into slot of rotor shaft (16).
Wear heat resistant gloves when handling heated rotor. Serious burns may result from
failure to observe this warning.