ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
If the actuator bracket has not been removed, proceed with paragraph (3). If the
bracket must be installed, proceed as follows:
(a) Insert the spacers (9) through the alternator mounting bracket (11).
(b) Secure the actuator bracket (10) to the engine by inserting the two hex head screws (7) (with
Iockwashers (8) already mounted) into the appropriate holes in the actuator bracket, through the
spacers and into the threaded holes in the engine; tighten the two screws.
(c) Adjust the drive belt of the engine alternator to the required tension and secure the alternator.
(3) Attach the actuator lever(2) to the actuator linkage rod (3) with the hex head cap screw (4), two
flatwashers (5) and the self-locking nut (6).
(4) Connect electrical connector P22 (1).
3-67. ELECTRIC GOVERNOR MAGNETIC PICKUP.
(1) Disconnect electrical connector P23 (1, figure 3-88),
(2) Loosen locknut (2) and unscrew the threaded magnetic pickup (3) from the flywheel housing (4).
Remove the magnetic pickup.
(1) Using an ohmmeter, test for continuity between pins A and Bon the connector.
(2) If the circuit is open discard the magnetic pickup.
(1) Rotate the engine until the top land of one gear tooth is in line with the center of the threaded hole in
the flywheel housing.
(2) Replace the magnetic pickup (3) into the threaded hole in the flywheel housing (4) until the tip
contacts the top of the gear tooth. Back the magnetic pickup out one-half to three-quarters turn and
secure with the locknut (2) provided.
(3) Connect electrical connector P23 (1).
Section IX. MAINTENANCE OF INTERCONNECTING WIRING HARNESSES
The interconnecting wiring harnesses provide electrical interconnection between generator set control
devices and the control cubicle assembly. Each interconnecting wiring harness consists of connectors,
terminals, and wires. The wires of each harness are strapped together to conserve space, prevent unnecessary
movement, and provide ease of removal and installation. Wiring harnesses which are internal to an assembly
are not covered in this section. Refer to the maintenance paragraph for the assembly for internal wiring harness