ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(a) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry with filtered
(b) Visually inspect housing for cracks, dents, and defective paint. Check hinge for cracks, excessive
wear, and cracked or broken welds.
(c) Inspect panel for cracks, dents, warping, defective paint and illegible marking. Check fasteners for
wear, damaged or deteriorated seals, and damaged pins.
(d) Check all threaded parts for crossed, stripped, and peened threads.
(e) Repair dents and warping by straightening.
(f) Remove defective paint and repaint,
(9) Replace any parts worn or damaged beyond repair.
(a) Position housing (22), to install hinge (21) and pivot pin (20).
(b) Install panel (19), screws (18), nut and captive washer assemblies (17).
(c) Install screws (16), flat washers (15), door holder (14) and nut (13).
(d) Install seal (12), fastener(n) and pin (10).
(5) Installation. Install control cubicle housing onto generator set with Iockwashers (9) and screws (8).
h. Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for maintenance procedures of the remainder of the
controls in the control cubicle assembly.
3-60. FAULT LOCATING INDICATOR.
(1) Disconnect wiring harness from back of fault locating indicator.
(2) Remove screws (1, figure 3-60) and Iockwashers (2) to remove fault locating indicator from
(1) Remove screw and captive washer assemblies (3) and cover plate (4).
(2) Remove screw and captive washer assemblies (5) and carefully pull indicator panel assembly (6)
away from housing. Tag and disconnect electrical leads.
(3) Disassemble panel assembly (items 7 through 24) only as is necessary for replacement of damaged
or defective components.
(4) Remove screw and captive washer assemblies (25) to remove cover plate assembly (26). Tag and
disconnect electrical leads.
(5) Disassemble cover plate assembly (items 27 through 32) only as is necessary for testing and
replacement of components.
(6) Remove screw and captive washer assemblies (33) to remove wiring harness (34) from housing