ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Figure 3-51 .Dimensional Inspection of Camshaft
(11) If dimension obtained in step (8) indicates excessive wear, replace camshaft bearings as follows:
(a) Using a suitable press, remove camshaft bearings from cylinder block.
Make sure that the replacement bearings are installed so that oil holes match with oil
ports in cylinder block. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment
(b) Press replacement bearings into cylinder block.
(1) Install thrust plate (7, figure 350), key (6) and press shaft (5) into gear.
(2) Install support drive gear (4) onto arbor press with nut (3).
(3) Torque nut (3) to 130 ft-lbs.
Make sure that timing mark on camshaft drive gear mates with timing mark on
crankshaft gear. Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
Valve tappets must be in the UP position to install camshaft.
(1) Refer to figure 3-45 to insure proper timing of camshaft gear to crankshaft gear is obtained.
(2) Install valve tappets (35, figure 3-46).