ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
3-38. OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY.
(1) Lower oil pan assembly (paragraph 3-37).
(2) Remove screws (1, figure 3-31) and Iockwashers (2) to remove oil pump.
(1) Remove oil pickup screen (3).
(2) Remove pressure relief valve (4), Iockwasher (55) and seal (6). Discard seal.
Spring is under tension. Use care when removing roll pin. Failure to observe this
caution could cause damage to the equipment.
(3) Remove roll pin (7) and withdraw retainer (8), spring (9) and plunger (10) from valve body (11).
(4) Using a suitable puller, remove gear (12).
(5) Remove screws (13 and 15) and Iockwashers (14 and 16) to remove cover plate (17).
(6) Remove driven gear (18).
(7) Withdraw drive gear (19) and drive shaft (20) as a unit. Press gear from shaft.
(8) Press shaft (21) from pump body (22).
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect spring (9, figure3-31) for cracks, breaks and distortion.
(3) Inspect plunger (10) and bore of valve body (11) for scores, scratches, and deep wear patterns.
Check that plunger moves freely in valve body.
(4) Check gear (12) for chipped or broken teeth, excessive wear, or other damage.
(5) Inspect cover plate for cracks and warpage. Check inner face for deep wear marks or scores from
contact with gears.
(6) Inspect gears (18 and 19) for chipped or broken teeth, excessive wear or other damage.
(7) Inspect shafts (20 and 21) for cracks, scores and deep wear patterns. Check that shaft (20) rotates
freely in pump body. Check that gear (18) rotates freely on shaft (21).
(8) Inspect pump body (22) for cracks, breaks and other damage.
(9) Check all threads for crossing, stripping or peening.
(10) Inspect screen (3) for rips, tears, breaks and clogging.
(11) Repair minor thread damage with a thread chaser.
(12) Remove minor nicks and burrs with crocus cloth and oil. Clean the part in dry cleaning solvent and
dry thoroughly with filtered compressed air.
(13) Replace any parts worn or damaged beyond repair.