ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Table 3-1. FUEL DELlVERY
MAX VAR BETWEEN
927 (high idle)
(g) Observe return oil. Return should be at rate of 100-450 cc/minute at 35 psi transfer pump
Under no circumstances should 130 psi be exceeded, as the pump will be damaged.
Failure to observe this caution could result in equipment damage.
(h) Operate pump at 900 rpm, with wide open throttle and observe transfer pump pressure. Pressure
should be 70 to 75 psig. If it is not, use a hex key wrench and adjust pressure regulating spring by
1/4 turns, clockwise to raise pressure counterclockwise to lower pressure.
(i) Perform automatic advance check as follows:
Each mark on the timing window is 2 pump degrees.
Check at 250 to 400 rpm for one degree cam movement.
Drain burettes for 30 seconds minimum.
3. Check at 450 to 550 rpm for 3-1/2 degree cam movement.
(j) Perform speed droop adjustment as follows: (See table 3-1.)
At 900 rpm and wide open throttle, adjust high idle screw temporarily for 15-20 mm3 delivery per
2. Raise pump speed to 927 rpm and turn the droop adjustment cap assembly clockwise as viewed
from the transfer pump end of injection pump to obtain a delivery of 15-20 mm3 per stroke.
Lower pump speed to 900 rpm and check full load delivery rate. If 58-59 mm3 delivery rate is
not realized, repeat steps 1. and 2. above until 58-59 mm3 is obtained.
4. When step 3. requirements are met, lock the high idle adjusting screw.
5. If fuel pump is to be used for 400 HZ application, reset high idle speed screw to 1,125 rpm.
(k) Check delivery at 750 rpm. If delivery is not 55-58 mm3 per stroke, repeat step (j) above until it is.
(1) Raise pump speed to 950 rpm and check for a delivery rate of 5 mm3 maximum.
(m) Lower pump speed to 900 rpm and reenergize the solenoid. Check for 5 mm3 maximum delivery
(n) At the same speed, energize the solenoid and check the manual shutoff for the same delivery rate
of 5 mm3 maximum.