(1) Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group, i.e., batteries and related parts,
exhaust and breather pipes, within which the repair part belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are
prepared for assembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Find the illustration covering the assembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
When National Stock Number or Reference Number is known:
(1) Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Reference Numbers, find the pertinent
National Stock Number or Reference Number. The index is in ascending NSN sequence followed by a list of
reference numbers in alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item
(2) Using the Repair Parts Listing, after finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and
item number in the Repair Parts List.
Abbreviations used in preparation of this Technical Manual are in accordance with MlL-STD-12.
American Wire Gage
revolutions per minute
votts, direct current
7. Recommendation for Maintenance Publication Improvements. Report of errors,
omissions, and recommendations for Improving this publication by the Individual user Is
encouraged. Reports should be submitted as follows:
Army DA Form 2028, directly to: Commander, US Army Troop Support Command, ATTN:
AMSTR-MMTS, 4300 Goodfellow Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63120-1798.
b. Air Force AFTO Form 22 in accordance with T.O. 00-5-1, direct to: Commander, Sacramento Air
Logistics Center, ATTN: MMST, McClellan AFB, CA 95652.
Navy Letter, direct to: Commanding Officer, US Navy Ship Parts Control Center, ATTN: Code 783,
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.