ARMY TM 5-6115-633-14&P
(12) Connect power cables to each generator set load terminal board as follows and in
accordance with identification on cables, wires and generator set terminals:
(a) White wire to load terminal L0;
(b) Black wire to load terminal L1;
(c) Red wire to load terminal L2;
(d) Blue wire to load terminal L3.
(e) Green wire to generator set ground terminal (5-wire switch box only).
(13) Refer to DA Form 2258, Depreservation Guide for Vehicles and Equipment, packed with
power plant and follow instructions given for putting power plant in service.
(14) Stow all authorized accessories in accessory box.
b. Inspection and Servicing of Generator Set. Refer to Service Upon Receipt of Materiel in
c. Inspection and Servicing of Trailer. Refer to Service Upon Receipt of Materiel in TM 9-2330-
213-14&P for initial inspection and servicing procedures.
4-2. Installation. (See figure 4-2.) Installation of the power plant at a worksite involves positioning
the trailer and grounding the power plant.
a. Positioning Power Plant. Position the power plant on the worksite as follows:
(1) Select an area as level as possible to install power plant and position trailer.
(2) Set trailer handbrakes and lower trailer support leg.
(3) Chock both wheels and lower rear leg prop assembly. Adjust leg prop assembly by turning
inner leg until leg base makes firm contact with ground.
(4) Lift and secure fitted cover in raised position away from generator set exhaust.
Remove fire extinguishers and fuel cans from power plant when generator sets
are in operation. This will insure that, in the event of fire, extra fuel will not be
involved and the extinguishers will remain accessible.
(5) Locate fuel cans and fire extinguishers on ground away from power plant.