(1) Tag and disconnect harness leads to voltage
(2) Remove nuts (38) attaching voltage regulator
from control box (57) and remove voltage regulator.
d. Test, Bench (see figure 6-4).
(1) Connect ac voltage regulator to test circuit and
test as shown in figure 6-4. Transformers T1 and T2 are
located in the control cubicle (see figure 6-3, items 34 and
37) and may be disconnected and used for this test.
(2) Perform the test and calibration procedures
shown in figure 6-4.
(3) Failure of the voltage regulator to meet the test
and calibration requirements indicates the voltage regulator
should be replaced.
e. Repair. See voltage regulator schematic diagram,
figure 6-5 or 6-5.1.
(I) Repair of the voltage regulator is limited to
replacing defective components. Refer to the schematic fig-
ure 6-5 for proper values.
f. Installation (see figure 6-3).
When replacing voltage regulator, be sure to
remove jumpers from old voltage regulator.
Install jumpers in the same location on the new
regulator. Failure to install jumpers correctly
will result in voltge regulator failure. If diftlculty
occurs in reconnecting jumpers, refer to figure
(1) Mount serviceable voltage regulator (39) into
the control box (57) using nuts (38).
(2) Reconnect previously tagged and removed har-
ness to the voltage regulator terminal board.
6-7. AC OUTPUT CONTROL BOX WIRING HARNESS.
Install and repair wiring harness by replacing wires, connec-
tors, and terminal lugs as necessary. See figure 6-6 and tables
6-3,6-3.1 for all necessary wiring harness assembly.
6-8. AC OUTPUT CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY.
a. Test, on Equipment.
(1) Resistor R3 (20, figure 6-10) must be adjusted
as follows before performing any tests.
(2) Remove wire D26F16 from TB3-1 and con-
nect 0 to 1 amp ac ammeter. Connect test ammeter as shown
in figure 6-7.
(3) Place reconnection switch in 1200 position.
(4) With the generator operating at rated fre-
quency, apply rated load by closing circuit breaker (CB1) (9,
(5) Adjust R3 until ammeter previously installed
reads 0.6 amps, tighten locknut on R3. R3 is now adjusted
(6) Disconnect test equipment and proceed with
testing in accordance with test schedule.
Because the proper connection of certain ac out-
put control box circuits can only be determined
by its ability to function properly when operated
in conjunction with the control cubicle: it is
imperative that the control cubicle supplied be
complete and is functioning properly for all
(7) With the unit running normally, test control
box assembly by measuring voltage at load terminals with
the reconnection switch in each of its three positions. See
b. Remove (see figure 6-8). Remove electrical connec-
tor plugs from connectors (2) on side of control box (1).
Remove two screws (3), lockwashers (4), bevel washers (5),
lockwashers (6), and nuts (7). Remove four screws (8) and
washers (9) attaching box to skid-base (10) and remove con-
c. Install. Mount control box (1) to skid-base (10)
using screws (8), washers (9). and screws (3), lockwashers (4),
bevel washers (5), lockwashers (6), and nuts (7). Reconnect
plugs to connectors (2).
6-9. AC OUTPUT CONTROL BOX (INTERNAL
Before working on the load terminal board or
other devices associated with the ac control box,
make certain that the Generator Set is not oper-
ating, all switches are in the OFF or OPEN posi-
tion, and there is no input to the load.
Table 6-4. Terminal Voltages
120V, 1 Phase
120/240 V, 1 Phase
120/208 V, 3 Phase