a. When starting a set with a dry fuel system or after a
filter drain or change:
(1) Push In DC circuit breaker.
(2) Make sure the vent on the underside of the fuel
filler cap is open.
(3) On ASK equipped generators, open air Intake door,
(4) To prime fuel lines, slightly open plug (1, fig. 4-9)
on head (8) on filter assembly nearest check valve (6,
(5) Move master switch to PRIME& RUN.
(6) When pump slows down, and no more bubbles
appear around plug, tighten plug (1, fig. 4-9).
Preheat is not required when engine is
b. Move master switch to PREHEAT position and hold
for one minute.