(2) Install power unit assembly (6) into shutter
assembly box (30) using screws (4) and special washer
(5). Mount connector (3) using screws (1) and nuts (2).
(3) Shutters. Mount torsion spring (14) using nut
(12) and washer (13). Mount shutters using screws (7).
Ensure that adequate clearance between shutter and
shutter box sides is maintained and that brackets (11)
are seated against shoulder of bearing (15) prior to
tightening screws (7). Check shutter to ensure they will
fully open and close without binding.
(1) Shutters (see figure 4-5). Disconnect rod
from upper shutter. Adjust ball joint until upper
shutter closes tightly on lower shutter when lower
shutter is held closed. Re-attach rod to upper shutter.
(2) Thermo Unit (see figure 4-6). With Generator
Set at 70°F, (21°C) loosen thermo unit guide-mounting
screws, the mounting holes in the shutter box are
slotted. Slide the assembly to a position where the
thermo unit plunger rests on roll pins with shutters
closed. Tighten mounting screws.
h. Installation (see figure 3-17).
(1) Install shroud (38). clip (35) and screw (34).
Install oil cooler and base as described in paragraph
(2) Blower Housing. Install blower housing (33)
on engine using screws (31 and 32).
(3) Blower Grille Assembly. Install grille (30)
on blower housing (33) using screws (27) and re-
tainers (28). (For units without ASK.)
(4) Baffles and Shrouds. Install shroud (23) using
screws. (18 and 20) and washer (19). Install rear shroud
(36) wing clip (35) and screws (34). Install baffles
(16) and (17) using screws (15). Install baffle (26)
with hook bolt (25) and nut (24).
(5) Shroud Assembly. Install door panel (12) and
shroud (11) as an assembly to the engine and blower
housing (33) using screws (7) and washers (8). Close
(6) Lifting Bracket. Install lifting bracket (41)
with spacers (40), mounts (39), washers (38) and
(7) Shutter Assembly. Install shutter assembly (4)
on engine and blower housing (33) using capscrews (3).
Connect air intake hose to shutter assembly using
hose clamp (6). Connect connector plug to thermo unit
connector receptacle (5).
(8) Air Housing Duct Cover. Mount air housing
duct cover (2) to shutter assembly (4) using screws
(9) On ASK equipped generators, refer to paragraphs
5-3 and 5-8 and replace ASK cover assembly and exhaust
Figure 4-5. Adjusting Shutters
Figure 4-6. Adjusting Thermo Unit