DAY TANK ASSEMBLY REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS
a. The day tank is provided to receive fuel from
themain fuel tank through the fuel transfer pump and
primary fuel filters and to supply fuel to the fuel in-
jection pump via the secondary fuel filter.
b. The day tank is mounted on a support bracket
above the fuel injection pump on the right side of the
engine. Fuel is transferred by two electric pumps
from the main fuel tank to the day tank.
to the Operator and Organizational Mainte-
Manual to remove the day tank.
Cleaning, Inspect ion and Repair.
(1) Clean exterior of day tank with cleaning
solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680 and dry
(2) Remove all gasket and adhesive materials
from mating surfaces.
(3) Flush tank thoroughly with hot water or
steam under pressure.
Clean interior with solvent
and dry thoroughly.
(1) Inspect hardware and thread areas for
(2) Inspect fuel passages for obstructions.
(3) Inspect interior to insure that scale and
sediment have been removed.
(1) Repair all threaded areas with a fine
mill file. Retap threaded holes.
(2) Use compressed air to clear fuel
Refer to the Operator and Organizational Maintenance